A place to discuss anything to do with holistic health, well being, spirituality and anything else related.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

what do witches look like

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bob
warming up

PostSubject: what do witches look like   Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:52 am

I bought a back copy of "Pentacle" from Enchantica recently, as it had an article about the pentagram. I've only skimmed through it as most of the articles were of little interest. However I was dismayed by the artwork: witches all have long flowing hair, bodies like models, thin diaphonous clothing and look in their twenties. It's the same on the Internet !! A definite turn on for a short, fat, balding man approaching sixty,i.e. me. Are there no witches that look like Victoria Wood or my mother?

In the same magazine was a letter from a man complaining that he had few positive responses to his enquires because courses were women only or the inference that men weren't welcome.

If this is the largest independent pagan magazine it raises serious questions in my mind about the state of withcraft.

Is it more than a "life style" bought off the shelf like so much else these days ? Baudrillard, the French philosopher, castigates modern society for becoming a "virtual world". We don' buy cars to get from A to B but to project an image what we want to be. Consumables are bought not primarily to be used, but to let others know who were are. Is withcraft more than a style statement?

All answers to me, the fat balding Bob
jocolor
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what do witches look like   Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi Bob,

I think there are a lot of people attracted to witchcraft because of the supposed glamour due to films like The Craft and Charmed, these people tend to run a mile when they realise its not all magic and getting what you want for no effort! However there are many dedicated witches out there in all shapes and sizes, Goths, grannies, school teachers etc and the imagery used in Pentacle is just marketing probably aimed at the younger generation of Witches. Out of all my friends who practice witchcraft I dont think there are many who are the traditional stereotype portrayed in the media although I do have long flowing hair lol

How you treat me is your karma - how I react is mine
Back to top Go down
http://www.indigocentre.co.uk
bob
warming up

PostSubject: Re: what do witches look like   Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:46 pm

It's good to know there are "normal" witches out there, warts and all. (Is that some sort of humour ?) affraid

Bob Very Happy

PS I just love these emoticons !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do witches look like   

Back to top Go down

what do witches look like
Page 1 of 1