Indigo Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss anything to do with holistic health, well being, spirituality and anything else related.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Air Freshener

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

Air Freshener Empty
PostSubject: Air Freshener   Air Freshener Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:14 am

Having kids and pets quite often means lots of strange smells around the house lol rather than choking the atmosphere with flowery scented airfreshener from an aerosol or made with lots of chemicals you can use essential oils! Choose your favourite scent or combine a few (have fun experimenting with which ones go well together) add a few drops to a spray bottle full of water (distilled is best but ordinary water works too) shake well and spritz around the house! Cheap as only a couple of drops needed each time you fill a bottle, all natural, environmentally friendly and smells gorgeous too! Just remember to shake well each time you use as the oils will separate without emulsifying agent and dont put too much essential oil in as they are very potent and may mark delicate surfaces or cause skin irritation if not thoroughly diluted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.indigocentre.co.uk
purple_bat
purple_bat

Air Freshener Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshener   Air Freshener Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:42 pm

I do this! I use a different one each time so not got any good recipes for you but I just add drops here and there until I get a smell I like lol!
Back to top Go down
kitty spell
warming up
kitty spell

Air Freshener Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshener   Air Freshener Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:28 pm

I made a lavendar spray for my daughter onceto help her sleep - she sprayed that much of it round her bed, that everything was soaked and we had to keep the window open to reduce the smell, However things have changed alot since then. She now tries to make her own using fresh flower petals from the garden - which is nice I hear you say, unfortunately she forgets to remove the petals and leaves it stood for days and then sprays mouldy flower water everywhere Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

Air Freshener Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshener   Air Freshener Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Shocked ewwwwww I can imagine how that smells Razz
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

Air Freshener Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshener   Air Freshener Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 12:06 am

Something I saw on how clean is your house works really well, take your favourite essential oil (only proper essential oil seems to work well here) add a couple of drops to a cotton wool ball and then rub gently onto a lightbulb you have removed from socket (taking care not to get any oil on the metal fitting) then pop the bulb back in and every time the light is switched on the heat makes the scent fill the room. Repeat when the smell has worn off (usually lasts a week or so)
Back to top Go down
kitty spell
warming up
kitty spell

Air Freshener Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshener   Air Freshener Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 12:53 am

was that with a standard light bulb or a low energy one?

Do the low energy ones get hot?

The biggest trouble I would have with this is reaching the light to begin with lol
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

Air Freshener Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshener   Air Freshener Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 12:55 am

lol I have the same trouble with the reaching bit!! It was a standard bulb I had used, not sure if it would work with low energy ones, it was a lamp that needed a small candle screw bulb may try it on the other ones to see as you have sparked my curiousity now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kitty spell
warming up
kitty spell

Air Freshener Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshener   Air Freshener Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 12:57 am

let me know how you get on - I might try this if it works
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Air Freshener Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshener   Air Freshener Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air Freshener
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Indigo Central :: Welcome :: Pagan Area :: Eco Friendly Corner-
Jump to: