Indigo Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss anything to do with holistic health, well being, spirituality and anything else related.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

witchcraft history

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bob
warming up
bob

witchcraft history Empty
PostSubject: witchcraft history   witchcraft history Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:30 am

Have just finished "The Triumph of The Moon, A History of Modern Pagan Witchcraft", by Ronald Hutton. 1999 OUP. It really is an excellent read. It's a historian's research into the historical roots of the religion, from the various threads current in the 1800s to the recent creation of Gardnerian Wica and the subsequent developments, more or less up to the present day. He is both informative and fair, and isn't dismissive of the beliefs.

Out of interest I did a "witchcraft" search on Amazon and came up with 4096 hits under religion, and 3762 under mind/body/spirit. The mind boggles!

Bob Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

witchcraft history Empty
PostSubject: Re: witchcraft history   witchcraft history Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:42 pm

I havent read that one yet but I have heard very good reviews so it may have to go on my amazon wish list!
Back to top Go down
http://www.indigocentre.co.uk

witchcraft history
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Indigo Central :: Welcome :: Pagan Area :: Witchcraft-
Jump to: